In our kitchen lately it’s been all about roasting. Tis’ the season, no? It’s getting colder here in the Northeast, and the leaves are falling. I love roasting because number one, it’s easy and very uncomplicated. And two, because it brings out a completely different side of vegetables. Their sweet side! From raw, feisty and crunchy, to sweet, savory and soft. Can’t get your kids to eat cabbage, try this. The sweetness will surprise you (in a good way)…. my taste buds were humming. I love when a taste can transcend happiness in just one simple bite. Yum.
- • 1 head cabbage (red or green)
- • Olive Oil
- • Large Grain Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- • A blend of herbs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cabbage in half, and then slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on baking sheet in segments, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with a mix of course sea salt, pepper and herbs like rosemary and thyme, or whatever you have on hand. You can be playful here. You won't mess these up.