Simple meals are often the best, and this is no exception. Add a hard boiled egg, toss it with some greens, and call it a meal. It also makes a satisfyingly filling side to your main dish.
Roasting the cauliflower makes it nutty and sweet, a good balance with the fiber-rich chickpeas. Roasting them both makes the dish easier to digest, just an added bonus! This is one of those recipes from “my toolbox” that I keep pulling out, it’s so good. Thanks Gweneth from “It’s All Good” for the inspiration!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small individual florets
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard or whole grain mustard works great too
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the chickpeas and cauliflower together in a roasting pan with about 3 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes, or until it has evenly browned and the cauliflower is soft.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and 1/4 cup olive oil, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the cauliflower and chickpeas have finished, toss immediately with the sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley.